Four years ago today I started blogging here. Although I have deleted some of my posts from early on, I still have a few on here. Here is the earliest one still on my blog:
Over the years, I have come up with sayings that have come to be known as “Cooperisms”. Here are a few of them:
1. Reality is only for those who cannot fathom my fantasy world.
2. Even if you were walking on egg shells, they would still break. So, quit being so timid and go make some omelets.
3. If you really want to screw up someone’s mind, occasionally throw out a rhetorical answer (a random answer thrown out without a question being asked).
4. Wealth is not measured by the amount of worldly goods you amass while you are here, but by how long and how fondly you are remembered after you are gone.
5. If you live your life meeting other’s expectations of you, you will never reach your full potential.
6. If someone calls and asks if they can ask you a question, and you answer “yes”, hang up real quick or they will ask you another question!
7. The wise man admits to what he does not know. The fool does not have the wisdom to acknowledge his ignorance.
8. Ignore imperfections in others and your own can remain a secret to you.
9. Words can leave wounds that will never heal.
10. A successful marriage is when both parties want health and happiness for their partner more than they want it for their own self.
11. If you always find yourself surrounded by jerks, look in the mirror to find the common denominator.
12. If someone tells you that they are not laughing at you, but are laughing with you, look in the mirror. If you don’t see a smile, they are laughing at you.
13. It is better to spend your dying years living than your living years dying.
14. There is a fine line between being over optomistic and being a lunatic.
15. The past can be a very heavy burden. The longer you carry it with you, the more it will bog you down.
16. The path you take to reach the end is unimportant, what you do to improve the path for others is what counts.
17. There is a direct correlation between your quality of life and your perception of the world around you.
18. There is a time for reality and a time for dreaming. It is best not to confuse the two.
19. The best medicine for stress does not come in a bottle, it comes in a change of scenery.
20. It is better to question the teacher than to be taught wrong.
21. The smallest accomplishment out trumps the biggest dream every time.
22. Being a parent is a test of energy, faith and perseverance. Being a grandparent is the reward for acing the test.
23. Never judge a book by its’ cover, unless all the pages are blank, in which case look the cover over real well.
24. A blind man can see beauty better than a sighted man because his eyes cannot interfere with the view.
25. If you find life passing you by too fast, take your foot off the accelerator and coast for a while.