America’s Mandates to Elected Officials

We, the people of the United States of America, in order to return to forming a more perfect union, re-establish Justice, re-create domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defense of all American citizens, promote the general well being, and re-secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish these mandates to all elected officials throughout this land.

Article I – This country was founded on the ideal that ALL citizens are created equal.  That means that the laws of this land must pertain to all US Persons equally and no class of people will be treated differently from another.  This article demands that all bills passed by congress and signed by the President that exempts them from any law are unjust and in violation of the Constitution.  This also mandates that all US Persons pay an equal share in taxes and not mandating those who acquire wealth to carry others on their backs.  This can only be accomplished with a straight tax also referred to a flat tax and eliminating deductions and loopholes.

Article II – Congress was established to protect the citizens of the states, not enslave them with unjust burdens.  Elected officials were put into office to represent the citizens, not dictate to them.  The federal government is to be of the people, by the people and for the people; not of the government, by the government and for the government.  We the people demand that the federal government cease and desist in interfering in state laws and rights of sovereignty.

Article III – Congress and the President are elected by the people and the days of empty promises and no accountability are done.  We the people hereby give notice to all elected officials that if you fail to represent the citizens of your constituency, you will not be entrusted with another term in office and be recalled from public service.  There is a reason that it is called public service, yet too many politicians can comprehend no further than self service.

Article IV – We the people have seen that elected officials are so intent on getting to the nation’s capital not to serve the people but to line their pockets with bribes by special interest groups that they will lie about their opponents because they have no laudable deeds of their own to stand on.  We will no longer accept this behavior from those who desire to represent the people.  Negative campaigns will not be rewarded with an elected position in the capital as lying is beneath contempt for anyone who desires to be a representative of the people.

Article V – We the people having experienced elected officials who have no fiscal responsibility demand that the fiscal budget be accomplished each year before the end of the current year that does not exceed 80% of the income of the federal government with the other 20% being paid directly against the federal deficit.

Article VI – We the people have watched for scores of years while congress votes to give themselves and the President raises even when the economy is not thriving.  Therefore, we mandate that congress shall receive no more raise each year than the rise in the cost of living.  Any desire for any greater pay raise has to be approved by the lawful voters of America during a Presidential election year by a majority approval.

If you agree with these mandates, please share a link to this post for others including sharing with the elected officials from your state.

Advertisements

About The Rural Iowegian

I am the Rural Iowegian of www.ruraliowegian.wordpress.com a published author and an award winning photographer. I use this space to speak my mind. God Bless.
This entry was posted in General Rantings, Politics, Writing. Bookmark the permalink.

2 Responses to America’s Mandates to Elected Officials

  1. MJ Belko says:

    I would add one more. The use of Executive Orders shall be limited to national emergencies. The use of such orders to circumvent Congress and the will of the people will be considered treason.

  2. I’d concur with that 100%.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s