2014 has been a messed up year. On the world scene we’ve had to deal with:
1. Commercial Airliners disappearing over the Pacific Ocean without a trace; another airliner going down over Ukraine with claims that it was shot down; another airliner going down two days ago over the Pacific but having storms interrupt the recovery of those who lost their lives; and the daughter of the CEO of one airlines demanding the plane return to the gate to disembark the senior attendant for giving her a bag of macadamia nuts instead of giving them to her on a plate.
2. ISIS, ISIL, or whatever the current acronym is for this group of murderous filth. In Iraq and Syria they have murdered hundreds of thousands of people claiming they are doing so in the name of Allah. Do they not know everyone can see right through their alibis? No where in the Torah, Bible or Quran does it say murdering other followers of the God of Abraham is acceptable. This group of people are nothing more than the whores of Satan.
In the national news:
1. We have a commander in chief that ignores the law and does what he wants via executive orders. He also has told several federal agencies to ignore aspects of federal law that he does not care for thereby usurping the law.
2. Michael Brown, a thug who used his size to intimidate and strong arm people died by his own choice by trying to disarm a police officer and then charging at him later. Eric Garner who was out on bail for crimes chose to sell non-taxed cigarettes in front of a store. His actions resulted in the police being called by the store owner. When the police tried to handcuff Garner he resisted and it took several officers to take him down and handcuff him. His actions resulted in the heart attack that took his life on the way to the hospital. An 18 year old in St. Louis points a gun at a police officer and gets shot by the officer in self defense. Finally, a concerned citizen sees a robbery going down in the store he is shopping in. He takes out his handgun that he is licensed to carry and confronts the would be robber. When the robber turns to shoot him, he shoots the robber. In every one of these cases, the families and public are pointing their fingers away from those who caused the incidents and blaming others for the actions of the thugs. The media is fanning the flames of hatred on these incidents as well as the current administration.
It is my hope for all in the new year:
1. Commercial transportation companies quit cutting corners and ensure modes of transportation are properly built and maintained to ensure the public safety.
2. All nations come together and destroy any and all terrorist organizations around the world.
3. Parents parent instead of allowing their children to shirk responsibility.
4. Our American leadership wakes up and quits trying to divide the nation.
5. I hope and pray that all of you have a safe and prosperous 2015.
As far as New Year resolutions for myself; I resolve to make no resolution.