I read an article by a group called “Think Progress” that is so full of male bovine fecal matter, it qualifies to be the focus of my attention in today’s ‘Thought for Today’.
Once again a leftist agenda decries foul because there are those who do not agree with mandating employers pay for birth control on the grounds of religious beliefs. Once again, because it would force liberals to accept responsibility for their actions, they cannot accept that because it would mean facing reality. The liberal minded people who believe that others must take responsibility for their personal decisions want the federal government to direct all employers to pay for something they have absolutely nothing to do with.
For a group to claim that this is thinking progressively is nothing less than inane fallacy! Murder in the name of convenience and irresponsibility wrapped up in the guise of women’s rights is still murder; in fact it is premeditated murder.
A person who blames others for their own actions is normally a young juvenile. For an adult to claim so should be, and is to mature adults, unacceptable in society.
I state the logical case against this train of thought here:
- Both the federal government, and your employer, unless you are working as a prostitute, has anything to do with what goes on in your bedroom. That responsibility lies with you and your partner. Until your employer or federal law starts directing when and where you engage in procreative activities, they have no responsibility to provide pregnancy preventing measures for you while you and your partner bump uglies.
- Biology defines life as: “a characteristic distinguishing physical entities having signaling and self-sustaining processes from those that do not, either because such functions have ceased (death), or because they lack such functions and are classified as inanimate.” Since an unborn child, or fetus if you prefer, does grow and sustain characteristics of a living organism and is not inanimate, it is alive. If a person has an abortion performed on that unborn child, it is in fact killing the child. Liberals like to argue that outside the womb, the unborn child cannot live if it is not close enough to term. A perfect rebuttal would be to ask if fish are living organisms. Once the person agrees that they are, all one has to do is reply “If you take a fish out of its environment by removing it from water, it too will die. Likewise, if you take an unborn child out of its environment, it too will die. And before it can cease to exist it must first exist. It was not a rock in the womb that magically turned into a baby once it came to term, it was a living baby.
- Abortions are nothing more than state sponsored genocide.
- The Constitution provides for you to have life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness, not protect you from responsibility for your own actions.
- Another argument is “Unless the Court makes it absolutely clear when and how the federal government can protect women’s access the birth control, a new method of protecting that access will “inevitably lead to uncertainty and continued litigation in the lower courts” as additional religious objectors emerge from the woodwork to challenge the new rules.” Excuse me? I see contraception available without a prescription in retail stores all the time. There are no barriers to purchasing them. If you are employed, you have access to contraceptive devices all over the place; all you have to do is go and buy them yourself! If your argument is you cannot afford contraceptive devices because your pay does not stretch that far, quit playing vaginal roulette with your partner! Abstinence is free.
- One argument is “what if the abortion is done to protect the mother’s health?” 3% of all abortions are to prevent death or serious illness to the mother. The percentage is insignificant compared to the whole. The other point I like to acknowledge is it is usually phrased as “mother’s health”; if an unborn child is not considered to be a living child, how can the woman be thought of as a mother? She is not a mother because of a dog at home, or a fish in her aquarium; she is a mother because of the living child she carries.
- The final argument I hear all the time is “What about in the case of rape or incest; why should the woman be forced to carry that baby to term?” I don’t want to sound callous here, but abortions due to rape or incest comprise less than 1% of abortions which makes it even less significant than abortions for mother’s health. That also means that over 99% of all abortions are from willing participants. It also means that over 96% of abortions are due to willing participants who just don’t want to be held responsible for their actions. For our society to deem this as acceptable is unfathomable.
With that…………………the thought for today is:
If you engage in activities, even if they are only for fun, you are responsible for your actions and you have to live with that, it is not the responsibility of your employer, the government, or anyone else to bail you out. ~ ME